Being a Windows 8 user, you might have been faced various problems like Wireless network connection. The message usually appeared as a notification message on our screen showing error in failure to get connected to a wireless network. It is one of the annoying situations that usually arise due to the limited or no internet access. The Wireless connectivity problems are one of the most frustrating issues that prevent you from accessing wireless connection. Before going further with the solutions, it is always better to deal with the reasons as well so that we can easily find out the perfect solution for your Windows 8 no Wi-Fi option. We are here providing you with some ideas along with the ideal solutions as well, have a glance:
Reasons and solutions
- WiFi connectivity: One of the main reasons behind the appearance of limited or no network message on your home screen is the improper or no connections are available windows 8 Wi-Fi. So before going further with the other solutions, make sure that your WiFi connectivity has been properly enabled. You can quickly check it by toggling your WiFi from ON to OFF.
- The problem in WiFi Router: Any issue in WiFi router may also lead to the arrival of WiFi issues in Windows 8. So we prefer you to check your WiFi connection whether it is working correctly or not and then further go with Restarting your WiFi router.
- Corrupted DNS Cache: Corrupted DNS Cache may also cause a reason behind the poor WiFi connectivity in Windows 8. If this is the reason, then you can quickly resolve it by:
- Click on the Search option of Windows 8 and then type Command Prompt in the search bar option.
- Make a right click on the provided results and then select your device to Run as Administrator option.
- Once done with the above process, now type the command: IPCONFIG/FLUSHDNS and then press the Enter option.
- Now type Exit and then press the Enter option again.
- On the completion of the above process successfully, now restart your PC and check whether your WiFi connection is properly working or not.
- Misconfiguration of TCP/ICP Stack Settings: Misconfiguration in the settings option of TCP/ICP may also lead to the problem of poor WiFi connectivity in Windows 8. This problem can be quickly resolved by:
- Click on the Search bar option present in your Charms Bar.
- Next, type Command Prompt in the search box provided and then makes a right click on the search result.
- Make sure to run your device as administrator by clicking on Run as Administrator option.
- Once done with the above process successfully, now add command NETSH INT IP RESET C: RESTLOG.TXT in the provided column and then press Enter.
- Next, add the following commands to disable TCP/IP and then enabling RSS
- NETSH INT TCP SET HEURISTICS DISABLED and then press Enter.
- NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL AUTOTUNNINGLEVEL=DISABLED and then press Enter.
- NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL RSS=ENABLED and then press Enter option.
- Powersave feature might be an issue: The power saver feature of Windows 8 might also serve as one of the major problems behind problems in Windows 8. You can quickly resolve it by turning off your WiFi adapter. All you need to do here is:
- Press Windows Key and W together that will further launch the Start Search option on your home screen later.
- Once done, now type Network and Sharing in the provided search bar and then press Enter to go further with the process.
- Now, you will find out the WiFi Status screen on your home screen from where select the WiFi network option.
- Next, select Properties followed by WiFi properties and then press on the Configure option.
- Now, go to the Power Management tab option and uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.”
- Just press OK to confirm the changes you have made to your Windows 8.
If you are the one who is facing Windows 8.1 Wi-Fi not showing, we are here providing you some of the reasons along with the perfect solution for those as well. Just check out the reason behind your problem and enjoy a safe and quick solution for it.