While using the Windows7, we sometimes get very irritated due to the errors like “This Copy of Windows is not genuine” OR “Windows 7 Not Genuine” on Windows 7. You know, what is the reason of this error? This error occurs when your license got expired or you are not running a genuine window copy. Sometimes due to windows update, this error occurs.
These three errors can lead to the “Windows 7 Is Not Genuine” Issue. Due to this issue, the windows background also changes to the black screen.
If you have tried all the possible methods but still the same problem/error is occurring then you are suggested to try this tutorial. It will definitely help you in getting rid of the “Windows 7 Is Not Genuine” Issue. This tutorial is created for those users who have purchased an original copy of Windows 7 but still, they are facing such problems but still they love windows 7 more than any other. Furthermore, users already have original windows installed and getting this error can also use these suggestions.
For windows proper stability and working, we suggest you purchase the genuine copy of Windows 7 and do not favor any sort of duplicity or privacy.
Fix “Windows 7 Is Not Genuine” Issue?
Following are the instructions you can fix to solve the “Windows 7 Is Not Genuine” Issue. You are suggested to read and follow these instructions carefully and completely. Make sure to follow all the steps mentioned below without skipping it.
Steps to Fix “This copy of Windows is not genuine” Error
- First of all, you are required to go to the Start Menu and enter cmd in the search box
- In the search results, you will get cmd.exe
- Right click on cmd.exe and then hit on Run as Administrator option. The command will get prompted
- Once the command is prompted, you need to type SLMGR –REARM
- While typing the command must ensure that you are entering a correct spelling otherwise the command will not be accepted.
- After entering the above-stated command hit on the Enter tab
- Once you enter the command will get prompted
- Within seconds a new page will come out along with the details of command you have given
- Now check the details and then Restart the computer
- Now you will not get the Windows 7 not Genuine Error
Another Way to Fix Windows 7, not Genuine Error
Most of the time, Automatic download and install update settings remains updated in Windows. This setting installs the latest security, compatibility, and many other updates within a specific period of time.
There are many updates released by Microsoft to solve the problems in counterfeit operating system installation and license keys. These types of updates sometimes produce duplicate results. If even after updating the windows you are getting the same error then you are required to follow these steps to encounter the problem.
- First of all, go to the Start tab and then open the Control Panel.
- At the very bottom of the control panel, you will see the Windows Update option, hit on it
- Now click on View Installed Updates, It’ll open list of installed windows updates.
- Find an update KB971033 and uninstall it by double-clicking on it.
Thereafter you need to restart the computer device. Once you complete the whole [procedure you will not get the Windows 7 not genuine error again. If you still face the same problem then you can try disabling your window updates. This may also solve the problem.
Finally, the problem of “Windows 7 not Genuine” error is resolved. Remember after completing the instruction sit is important to restart the computer device. After restarting the computer, you need to verify the Windows copy. If your Windows Copy is genuine then you will be able to set the desktop background according to your choice.
You can also purchase Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit at lower rates from the online store i.e Amazon. The windows will come along with Genuine Product Key and DVD. The DVD will act as a guide for you to install Windows 7 on your device. The Windows 7 key can be activated on 03 different computers.